Itunes Authorization Question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Enigmafan420, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Enigmafan420 macrumors 6502a

Enigmafan420

So now that all iTunes tracks are supposed to be DRM free-does iTunes machine authorization still matter?

I can't even see where I can authorize/unauthorize the machines anymore when I log into my account-though iTunes does report 3 machines authorized.

2. Carrot007 macrumors regular

Carrot007

It just matters for DRM content and there still is some. (well I assume so, I don't use itunes but the other half does)

Not all tracks are DRM free (it's down to the providers not apple) and the videos are still drm riddled.

3. Enigmafan420 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Enigmafan420

Good point on the videos-I don't buy any, but I hadn't even thought of that...

UGGG this whole DRM thing reminds me of my old Apple 2+ days. We copied everything in site-copy protection didn't slow us down. It only hurt legitimate users. Same thing now...

4. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

It will also matter for those who have not upgraded their music to iTunes + yet. I have not yet upgraded as it will cost me $172 for 1278 songs and some videos. I'll probably start upgrading in the next week or two.