iTunes Auto Sends to AppleTV2

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by crappa, Dec 30, 2011.

1. crappa macrumors newbie

When I watch a TV show on my Mac in iTunes, it defaults to the AppleTV. I can't find a way to set the default back to the Mac. Is there any way to set the default to the Mac and when I want to watch on AppleTV, I will just pick AppleTV.

It was like this at one time, but somehow it got changed and I don't know how.

Thanks in advance.

2. thankins macrumors 6502

You just need to set this back to Computer - it is located in the bottom right of iTunes. Its a little square with a triangle. Click it and you will see this (below)

Attached Files:

3. crappa, Dec 30, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2012

crappa thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks thankins, That is what I'm doing every time I watch a TV show. I want to set the default to the computer so I don't have to set this every time. It aggravates others who are watching Netflix on the Apple TV when I watch something on my Mac. It shuts off what they are watching.

If I click on the icon on the bottom of the screen, it has a check mark next to Computer, when I start a TV show it goes to Apple TV and I have to go in and click on Computer. iTunes automatically sends the TV show to Apple TV, even if the Computer is selected.

Any ideas?

Problem went away on it's own