iTunes automatically plays unrelated songs?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by NikMac, Sep 26, 2010.

1. NikMac macrumors member

Hi,

This has happened for a few months now, ever since I upgraded to iTunes 8 I believe, and now that I'm using iTunes more often it's starting to get annoying.

I will play an album in iTunes. Once the album finishes, instead of stopping playback, iTunes will play an apparently random song from my library (though each album seems to be linked to a different song, which changes every now and then. I've been unable to find any pattern).

Does anyone know what I'm talking about or have any ideas? I don't think this is just a problem for me - it happens to some friends who have iTunes as well. I've searched on Google and on this forum and couldn't find any solutions.

Thanks.

2. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

When you say you play an album, how do you do that? Do you have your albums in separate playlists? It's not really geared towards playing a single album, so it's probably just continuing to shuffle through your library.

jW

3. NikMac thread starter macrumors member

Ah, you're right - how did I miss that? The "unrelated song" is the beginning of the next album. Is there any way to prevent this and to only play one album (without creating a playlist for every album I like)?

I am playing the albums either from grid view or through searching.