iTunes Back up problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by vaxes, Sep 22, 2012.

1. vaxes macrumors newbie

Hiya

Sorry if this has been asked before i cant see any posts.

I got the new iPhone (5), but unfortunately because i have leopard its wasn't compatible, so i had to upgrade to snow leopard.

I've done a clean upgrade and instal. Once completed I moved all my itunes folders from my external HD to my iMac which worked fine, I then tried to back up my old iPhone 4. But I kept getting an error message

#iTunes could not back up the iPhone because not enough free space is available on this computer. Removing files and emptying the trash will free up additional space#

I then realised i hadn't copied across my app folder and after doing this it seemed to be working fine.

I backed up my new iPhone (5) perfectly but when I plugged it in a second ago annoying auto sync is on and I noticed that I was now getting the same error message as before?

I manually manage my music but my libary is only 30gb which would fit onto my 64gb new iPhone, and my iMac HD has 200+gb avalible space

Hopfully some one can help

Thanks

2. Alag28 macrumors 6502

3. matrixj macrumors newbie

Same problem, potential solution

I was having the same problem with my new iPhone 5. Here's what I did to fix it.

1) permission repair. Open Disk Utility under Applications > Utilities, choose your hard drive and click Repair Disk Permissions under the First Aid tab.

2) choose startup disk. Open System Preferences. Click Startup Disk. Choose your hard drive if it isn't already highlighted and choose to restart your computer.

Worked for me, hope it does for you.