iTunes - Back Up to Disc

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by CalmEnvy, Mar 6, 2008.

1. CalmEnvy macrumors 6502

I'm backing up my iTunes library using the feature in iTunes. Right now it seems to have frozen on me, first time it's done that. I'm on Disc 2 and it's backing up Batman Begins (which is a 1.13 GB file). Now, I'm letting it go anyways to just because it's a big file but the progress bar hasn't moved at all. Has anyone else had this problem before?

2. Fiveos22 macrumors 65816

Fiveos22

need more info...

To cds? dvds? How large is your library that you're trying to back up?

Format issues? File name length issues?

It is eating all of your CPU right now?

Why are you backing up to physical media? (I've done it before, its a tedious and ultimately fruitless process due to media storage issues and ever increasing library size)

3. CalmEnvy thread starter macrumors 6502

DVD's, it's around 38GB (mostly TV shows). TV shows/movies are MPEG4 and songs are MP3. Well Batman Begins is 2hrs 30mins, it backed up my TV Shows on Disc 1 fine. It's not eating up all of my CPU, hell I'm only using about 10% of my CPU right now.

Backing up to DVD's since I don't have an external drive, that's why. It's the only way I have to back things up at the moment. Anyways, Disc 2 finished and I'm on Disc 3 right now with the same issue of the progress bar not moving and it's still on the same file. It's weird, I never had this issue before.

4. Fiveos22 macrumors 65816

Fiveos22

5. CalmEnvy thread starter macrumors 6502

That's alright, I've given up with iTunes. It won't burn Disc 3 at all now.