iTunes backup discs and leopard

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by abijnk, Oct 25, 2007.

1. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

I have seen a lot of posts that dance around this, but none that straight up answer my question, if this ends up being a repeat I am sorry.

I am planning on doing a clean install of leopard, and am working on getting everything ready. My question is this: can I use the backup discs I made in iTunes on tiger (i.e. File -> Backup to disc...) to restore my iTunes library once I have leopard installed?

Since I don' have a big enough external hard drive (nor the money to buy one :( ) I am concerned about whether or not this will work.

Thanks in advance!

2. RumMunkey macrumors 6502a

RumMunkey

It *should*, but you're probably not going to get a lot of people willing to commit to telling you to go ahead and do it then have to live with the guilt if something went wrong and you lost all your music.

It really should work, that's what it's there for. It's still iTunes 7.whatever, so there's really no reason it would fail.

ymmv.

3. abijnk thread starter macrumors 68040

abijnk

It Works!

Just in case someone else is wanting to do this and not sure about it, it worked flawlessly for me. I put the first disc in after the clean install and it picked it right up.