iTunes Backup does not work

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jtheelen, Oct 23, 2009.

1. jtheelen macrumors newbie

Hi, I try to backup all my tracks purchased on iTunes, but the Back Up button does not work (see image). When I press it, nothing happens. Same for the Cancel button. iTunes does not 'hang' though, because I can close the dialog with the cross mark in the upper right corner, and I can choose other combinations in the dialog (which I do not really want). Does anybody have the same issue? I'm using Windows XP (SP3) with the latest version of iTunes (9.0.1.8). I am able to burn DVD's using other software so that should not be the problem.

Thanks.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. mdahmus macrumors newbie

Solution

I hit the same exact problem today and found a solution - use the keyboard to navigate the dialog (tab key, space to hit the "Back Up" button). Seems to work.

3. jtheelen thread starter macrumors newbie

Solved here too

Hi mdahmus, thanks a bunch! It works for me too. At last, I am able to backup my purchased music. Good of you to come up with the workaround.

4. NightStorm macrumors 68000

Now if they'd only let it backup to other (i.e. larger) removable media.

5. jtheelen thread starter macrumors newbie

800+ songs = 2 DVD's

Well, I've just finished my backup: 800+ songs on two DVD's. Still, ok for me. Next time, I'll do an incremental backup on a CD-ROM or something.

6. BridEilis macrumors newbie

I got this problem today. And I have used the backup function ok in the past. But this solution worked for me too. Thanks Mdahmus.
    (I'm using a PC :cool:)