iTunes Backup help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by daveishere, Jul 17, 2011.

1. daveishere macrumors 6502a

daveishere

Hi Guys,

Basically I have a question regarding my iTunes library and its backup (or lack of) procedure.

Firstly, my current setup is that I have a 108GB Music library on my Seagate 250GB external USB HDD. iTunes points to the G: drive (this hard drive) to play all of its music.

The problem I have at the moment is that if my hard drive fails for any reason, my iTunes library is screwed.

What I am planning to do is buy another 250GB HDD (as i don't expect my library to exceed this capacity within the next 5 years or so) and want some kind of backup procedure that mirrors my iTunes harddrive to this one for backup purposes.

There must be software out there that does this, as it is a RAID feature, but what I'd like is to say plug the back-up HDD in every month or so that have it transfer the changes i've made to the iTunes HDD to the backup harddrive.

Is there any software out there that does this or does anyone have a better idea?

I'm currently running iTunes on Win7 (would love a new iMac and my MacBook couldn't really handle this size library anymore).

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Do you use Time Machine? You could set it up to just back up the external hard drive? Either TM or CCC will work well.