iTunes backup is giving me hell

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by samywamy10, Apr 10, 2011.

1. samywamy10, Apr 10, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2011

samywamy10 macrumors regular

samywamy10

I need to restore my iPhone to complete the unlock process, and when I finish the restore the iPhone only has about half the apps I used to have, and placed alphabetically, not in the folders like I thought the backup would remember. The other half of the apps I've had to manually go through and select them on the very slow and buggy iTunes for Windows (can't just select all as some apps I don't want). I then click apply and it goes back to the state where I was before I selected anything?

Regards,
    an angry iTunes user

EDIT: I've fixed that last problem by restarting iTunes...

2. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

you backed up and didn't change the synchronization settings for either 1) new apps 2) old/removed apps.

Not really iTunes fault. Don't really need to ****** either.

quick edit: nice site sam, shame i would've thought with reading your posts you'd have had a little bit of knowledge

3. samywamy10 thread starter macrumors regular

samywamy10

Sorry, I was quite frustrated. I'll tone it down.

What do you mean change the synchronization settings? It synchronized all my apps, it just only re-synced about half of them.

4. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

sometimes when you sync an app purchased on your iDevice and transfer it back, or restore from a backup in your example, itunes will forget and only sync checked apps, songs etc [which as you assumed it was a backup, didn't do].
    make sure you transfer purchases before a backup+sync.

itunes isn't the best, and can be awkward at the best of times :eek: