Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Billcosby41

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 19, 2011
Where does OS X 10.8.4 Mountain Lion store iTunes backups? I backed up iOS 6 before installing iOS 7, but then backed up with iOS 7. I'm sure the iOS 6 backup is still there, I just want to be sure. Where is the exact location in Finder for the backups? Thanks for the help :)

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Where does OS X 10.8.4 Mountain Lion store iTunes backups? I backed up iOS 6 before installing iOS 7, but then backed up with iOS 7. I'm sure the iOS 6 backup is still there, I just want to be sure. Where is the exact location in Finder for the backups? Thanks for the help :)
If you go to Tunes preferences and select Devices, it will show you a list of backups it has for you iOS device(s).

If you need to see where a backup is, right click on the backup and select "Show in Finder".

Billcosby41

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 19, 2011
If you go to Tunes preferences and select Devices, it will show you a list of backups it has for you iOS device(s).

If you need to see where a backup is, right click on the backup and select "Show in Finder".

Thank you so much!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.