Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jas07

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
Hi Guys,

Im currently troubleshooting some battery issues on my iPhone 6 and suspect an app is causing it (Usage and Standby times almost identical), I've DFU'd and restored to check over the next few days running completely stock.

However obviously I've lost all messages etc from the restore, is there a way that I can selectively restore Messages and certain apps (that had data inside them)? From having a Google it seems like its all or nothing but hoping for a magical response here!

Thanks!

Cutiekitty92

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2015
UK
Hi Guys,

Im currently troubleshooting some battery issues on my iPhone 6 and suspect an app is causing it (Usage and Standby times almost identical), I've DFU'd and restored to check over the next few days running completely stock.

However obviously I've lost all messages etc from the restore, is there a way that I can selectively restore Messages and certain apps (that had data inside them)? From having a Google it seems like its all or nothing but hoping for a magical response here!

Thanks!
Not that I'm aware of. A restore from backup is usually everything that gets backed up

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.