iTunes beacballs when iPhone 4 is connected

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mtnDewFTW, Aug 18, 2010.

1. mtnDewFTW macrumors 6502a

Hey guys, I just got my iPhone today, pretty excited about it, and they set everything up for me at the store, so I can use it, but when I got home and connected it to iTunes, it started to show me beachball. But the phone says that the sync is in progress. I have a lot of music on my computer that I wanna sync to the phone (about 12GB) so I was wondering if this is normal or not. I tried to cancel it a few times to restart iTunes, but every time, the same thing happens. Should I just let it be for a while? Oh and, it doesn't beachball right away, only if I press on ANYTHING in iTunes.

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Are you running iTunes 9.2.1, directly connected to a USB port on the back of the iMac?

3. celticpride678

Have you tried reinstalling the latest version of iTunes? Repair your disk permissions?

4. mtnDewFTW thread starter macrumors 6502a

Alright, I got it figured out a while ago, it was actually a really simple solution.
    To answer both of the question, yes I was running the latest version of iTunes.
    Anyway, I just restarted my computer and my iPhone, then plugged them in, and everything worked. I have no idea what was causing it, but it works, so I'm happy.