iTunes Beta 12.0 ruined homesharing to AppleTV

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by michial, Sep 11, 2014.

1. michial macrumors 6502

michial

Need help. Im running Yosemite and just downloaded the beta iTunes 12.0. Ever since then it removed the "Movies" in my homesharing library I stream to my apple tv's. I have the atv2 and 3. Neither show my movies.Now on my apple tv under "Computer" It only shows "Music" and "Photos" I am pissed and ready to ditch apple. Someone please help. I have thousands of videos I stream regularly, up until an hour ago when I installed this lame update.

2. jimmirehman macrumors 6502

you are pissed and ready to ditch apple because you chose to install beta software and it doesn't fully function yet? LOL, see ya, don't let the door hit you in a$$ on the way out

3. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

I'm running both Yosemite (Dev Beta not public) and iTunes 12 and my AppleTV is fine.

I know thats not much help but hey ho.

4. MacinJosh macrumors 6502a

5. 2010mini macrumors 68040

It's a BETA. You expected it to be fully baked?

6. rkaufmann87 macrumors 68000

rkaufmann87

A couple of questions what version of iTunes 12 are you running and also can you view movies saved in Home Video in iTunes on your AppleTV?

I am having the same issue as the OP, downloaded iTunes 12.0.0.117. I cannot see the Home Video library on my AppleTV 3's (I have 2).

I'm not ranting about it however I am wondering if anyone else that has run into this and are aware of a interim work-around until Apple is able to solve the problem. I have submitted a BR to them however that takes a bit of time.

I can be patient and wait for Apple to update Yosemite or iTunes again however if there is another work-around available until that occurs I'd be grateful.

7. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

I updated to the latest version of iTunes 12 via the app store yesterday. Unfortunately I have no movies stored in "Home Movies". I don't put any personal videos in iTunes. They are all in iPhoto with my pictures.

8. rkaufmann87 macrumors 68000

rkaufmann87

Thanks for the reply I appreciate it. Not quite what I'm looking for but I appreciate you taking the time.

9. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

I'll try and stick one in tonight and wee what happens :)

10. rkaufmann87 macrumors 68000

rkaufmann87

I would really appreciate that.

11. michial thread starter macrumors 6502

michial

Sorry for the initial rant guys. Hard day yesterday and this didn't help. I'll give it more time. Nothing in Home Videos shows up. How do I change the directory so when I click "add to library" and import a personal movie/video it goes to a different location. Then I can see if that is the issue? Thanks

----------

Sorry, had a long bad day. I know its not Apple's fault.

12. julianpilarski macrumors newbie

Home sharing my movie disappeared !

I am having the same issues. Any luck with this?

13. Chazz08 macrumors 6502

I posted about this elsewhere yesterday...Mine showed everything except home videos. If that's that case, as I posted yesterday, you just need to change your videos file type to movies instead of home videos. http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=19662544#post19662544

----------

I posted in this forum what to do yesterday. Select all your home moves and edit them all. Click get info, then go to options. There you can change media kind to Movies and they will show up again under movies instead of home videos.

14. rkaufmann87 macrumors 68000

rkaufmann87

Thanks,

I tried one movie and yes that seems to have fixed it.

15. Solver macrumors 6502a

People who have this problem might also ask what version of Yosemite they are running since the only Yosemite versions out there are also betas.

16. michial thread starter macrumors 6502

michial

Thanks Much. It worked!!

17. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

slight twist

I am having a home share issue also. Most recent Yosemite beta with the beta of iTunes 12. iPad running iOS 8 beta.

Verified that the computer was authorized on iTunes account etc but when trying to home share a paid movie to the iPad it said the content is not authorized. We can see it but not play it.

18. Chazz08 macrumors 6502

No problem! Glad it worked for you too!

----------

No problem! Glad it worked for you too! I just kind of guessed at it. haha.