iTunes Beta not compatible with Lion???

haddman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 1, 2008
Anyone else having a problem with iTunes 10.5 Beta 3 working with Lion?

kashkha

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2009
On initial install (I upgraded from SL) iTunes wouldn't launch. It gave an error saying it can't read my iTunes library since it was created with a newer version of iTunes. I guessed this was because I had 10.5 beta 2 installed before the upgrade and it was overwritten with 10.4 during the install, so I just downloaded and installed 10.5 beta 3 and that fixed the problem.

Steve.P.JobsFan

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2010
Columbus
It works fine for me. I upgraded from Snow Leopard, and installed iTunes 10.5 Beta 3 just fine. Full screen and everything else works just fine.

moderngamenewb

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2011
I'm having a problem where it won't play some of my .m4v videos, and gives me an error saying "This movie requires QuickTime, which is not supported by this version of iTunes." However, the videos will work when I play them separately through the QuickTime Player, just not through iTunes. It worked perfectly fine in Snow Leopard though.

tallest

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2006
If you run iTunes in 32-bit mode (Get info on Applications:iTunes.app and check 32-bit mode) the QuickTime videos should work again.

moderngamenewb

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2011
If you run iTunes in 32-bit mode (Get info on Applications:iTunes.app and check 32-bit mode) the QuickTime videos should work again.
After deleting the videos that weren't working, then re-imported them, they worked again. However, .mov and .mp4 videos don't seem to work in quicktime anymore.

Fabricman112

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2010
I run the Beta4-versions, and have all kinds of trouble... syncing my iPhone wont work either wireless or wired, my music on the iPhone is a mess, pictures from iPhoto will not import..
I always get an error in iTunes, but it doesnt show whats wrong