iTunes billing

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Planins, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Planins macrumors member

Planins

Sorry if this is not for here, I couldn't find an iTunes Store thread.

So, I have recently added a debit card to my iTunes account. I'm from Bulgaria so they charged my like 2 Euro for adding it to my existing account. After three days they haven't returned the 2 Euro. So I purchased a couple of apps for about 4 Euro without having any money in my debit card. After searching a lot I couldn't find how does this work (including reading the official Apple billing info). Does my debit card work like a credit card and do I owe anything to iTunes because no money has been charged from my account?

Thanks a lot :)

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I don't understand the up front charge...Apple always simply set up the account. If the Apps you downloaded are paid for offerings, then your debit or credit card will be charged. This process can take a couple of days to show up, and you will receive an email receipt.

3. Planins thread starter macrumors member

Planins

Well, they charged me 2 Euro to confirm the debit card. I have previously signed up to PayPal, Google Play and they too charge you to confirm and then you get the money back, or they stay as credit (in PayPal). So I checked if iTunes kept the 2 Euro as iTunes credit but I had none. Did iTunes use that money to purchase my apps?

4. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I'd check with iTunes....It's obviously different where you live, but it's a good idea to make sure.

5. Planins thread starter macrumors member

Planins

So you are telling me that I am not getting billed immedately? When I purchase something from Google Play or eBay or wherever, I am instantly charged and I can see that in my bank's site. My question is, why am I not getting charged for the three apps and one song I bought day and a half ago? Can someone explain me the difference between using Google Play and iTunes - if I don't have the funds Google Play will NOT purchase anything, but iTunes does. When do I pay?

6. smoge macrumors regular

smoge

apple and itunes billing... apple have to pay like 6cent to (lets say mastercard) every time you make a transaction. Now this is fine ever company has to pay this but usually purchases you make with you card are more that $1 or so it dosent really matter cos its like >1% but because app and itunes music is so cheep the money they have to pay to master card is a noticeable percentage of the cost of the item. SO when you buy something apple don't charge you strat way they wait a few week see if your going to buy anything else and group the transactions together so apple have to only pay master card once

7. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

You can indeed have a negative balance in the iTunes Store. Though I believe once you have a negative balance you must pay it before more purchases. I remember having a negative balance of around $19.99 for iOS 2.0 I believe.

8. takeshi74 macrumors 601

It can take a couple of weeks for my credit card to get charged for iTunes purchases.

9. Planins thread starter macrumors member

Planins

Thanks to all of you, guys, I guess I'll wait to see when will I get charged