iTunes Book Library Gone!

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by sarakn, Oct 16, 2014.

1. sarakn, Oct 16, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2014

sarakn macrumors 6502a

sarakn

:mad:

When I got my macbook last year, I hated that iTune and iBooks were separate so I used the hack found her to get rid of iBooks so I can manage my books in iTunes.

Well, I just updated to Yosemite today and that trick no longer works. In fact, I had forgotten about it until I had already updated. Well, I've removed iBooks, but when I go to the new and ugly iTunes, I can't find the book tab.

Also, it seems my entire book library is gone. Maybe I'm not quite ready to face the facts or I'm glad I have Time Machine, but shouldn't I be panicking or something?:D

ETA:
    I just checked my Itunes folder and my books are there. How do I get them back as they were?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

You can't. iTunes 12 no longer has that ability. You must use iBooks.

3. sarakn, Oct 16, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2014

sarakn thread starter macrumors 6502a

sarakn

noooooooooo!

So I deleted iBooks earlier, but it's not in the app store. How can I get this back? thx.

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Reinstall Mac OS X or restore it from a backup.

5. moxx macrumors newbie

I updated iTunes to 12 but still with Mavericks (I used the trick to get rid of iBooks months ago). iTunes 12 actually manages ebooks : menu presentation (in French. It's the 4th on the left), more/audiobooks. This works for ebooks as well.

6. sarakn thread starter macrumors 6502a

sarakn

Found the fix!

Found a solution for Yosemite that puts Books back into iTunes and reconverts the files back to meaningful names in iTunes folder.

https://discussions.apple.com/message/23542460#23542460