iTunes bricks iPhone after newest update

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by racer1441, Apr 26, 2011.

1. racer1441 macrumors 68000

All,

Hope someone has some ideas. Did the verizon iphone update this morning, and itunes died / bricked the phone during it. Ended up getting a generic 1602 error.

Uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes on the machine (xp machine), and tried it again, with no luck.

Got it hooked up to my macbook, downloaded and installed the firmware no problem. Go back to sync the data and the xp machine bricks the phone again.

iTunes is updated to the latest, as is the phone's firmware. No jailbreaks of any kind in play.

Any thoughts?

2. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

other then the usual sync it with your mac and fanboy stuff, nope :(

3. racer1441 thread starter macrumors 68000

I'd love to, but isn't my phone. I have mine into my MBP. This is run off of this machine for an associate.

4. Biff... macrumors 6502a

Biff...

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

6. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

7. racer1441 thread starter macrumors 68000

All,

Thanks for the info all. If someone else is looking in the future, ended up having to build it as a new iPhone in the existing iTunes. Almost like the backup was corrupted. Very odd, but give the phone a different name and then re-setup your preferences and you'll be good to go.

As for the "If you bothered to search" and then a link to a broken page...bite me.

8. Cap41 macrumors 6502

I don't understand why people have to be so ignorant! either help or do not.

What a waste of bandwidth!