iTunes Burning Mp3 CDs

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Aries326, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Aries326 macrumors 6502

How do I set iTunes to burn mp3 CDs with the filenames? When playing in my CD player, I see no filenames as all, just a generic TrackXX name. I can't seem to find an answer on how to fix this. Thanks for the help.

2. bt22 macrumors 6502

I may be completely wrong here, but I will give this a shot. iTunes uses Gracenote to tag the songs. If the cd you are trying to burn contains various songs by various artist gracenote does not recognize those songs. I know when I burn a mixed cd and then try to import those songs into a computer the computer does not recognize the songs either and I have to tag each song prior to importing. Now if this is happening when you try to burn a whole album by the same artist, then my theory is all wrong..

3. Aries326 thread starter macrumors 6502

I guess I don't understand all this tagging stuff. I always thought that once a file has been tagged, the information should stay with it and it doesn't matter if that files is burned onto a mp3 CD or an audio CD, the information should go along with it.

I've read posts in a Z4 forum with other members stating that their mp3 CDs work perfectly with track information but they used other programs other than iTunes to burn the CD.