Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Butler Trumpet

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 26, 2004
Dekalb IL
So I am trying to burn an MP3 CD right now... I got 6 CDs from the library, and now I am trying to combine them all onto one MP3 CD... it tells me that none of the songs in the playlist are able to be burned. They are all AAC format... using iTunes 4.7
Weird?
Thanks!

auxplage

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2004
Virginia Beach
In preferences make sure you are trying to burn an Audio CD. You may have "MP3 CD" in preference which is obviously impossible to accomplish since you are using the AAC format.

Phat_Pat

macrumors 68000
May 8, 2004
I Live Where I Live
Butler Trumpet said:
OKay yeah I was kinda dumb about that... is there a way to convert them to MP3 so that I can burn them as MP3?
Change the CD import option to MP3 (in pref's) than right click (control click) your songs and hit convert to MP3

dotdotdot

macrumors 68020
Jan 23, 2005
Butler Trumpet said:
OKay yeah I was kinda dumb about that... is there a way to convert them to MP3 so that I can burn them as MP3?

In options, click Import and select MP3.

Right click on songs and click convert to MP3. you will loose quality and it will take a while, and youll have duplicates of your songs though

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
I haven't tried this but wouldn't dragging the songs from iTunes to a CD in the finder work?

However, even if this does work, I'm not all that sure that an aac CD will play in an mp3-enabled CD player. :(

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
mad jew
I haven't tried this but wouldn't dragging the songs from iTunes to a CD in the finder work?

However, even if this does work, I'm not all that sure that an aac CD will play in an mp3-enabled CD player.

You'll get all the tracks on there, but it won't play in any cd player, including mp3 cd players. Try importing as mp3s.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
pdpfilms said:
You'll get all the tracks on there, but it won't play in any cd player, including mp3 cd players. Try importing as mp3s.

Yeah thanks, I didn't think it would. Still, would it work if they were all mp3s? Can you just drag and drop like that? Of course, that's ignoring iTunes' maximum drag & drop limit.

sacear

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2005
Phat_Pat said:
Change the CD import option to MP3 (in pref's) than right click (control click) your songs and hit convert to MP3
You don't need to change import option setting in prefs, you can just convert to MP3.

mad jew said:
Yeah thanks, I didn't think it would. Still, would it work if they were all mp3s? Can you just drag and drop like that? Of course, that's ignoring iTunes' maximum drag & drop limit.
I think OS X will interpret drag & drop from the desktop as a data CD, not audio or mp3.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
sacear said:
I think OS X will interpret drag & drop from the desktop as a data CD, not audio or mp3.

OK, thanks sacear. Excuse my ignorance, but is there a difference between an mp3 CD and a standard data CD? I'm guessing there is.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
paxtonandrew said:
In my experience, no. I have burned backups of my mp3's in the finder before, and it has worked in my DVD player and other computers fine.

Cool, that's good news. But will they work in mp3 CD players?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.