iTunes: Can I prevent iPhone from showing up under Devices?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by TomTomTuning, Jun 11, 2012.

1. TomTomTuning macrumors regular

My girlfriend and I have separate user accounts on our iMac, so we have separate iTunes accounts. We use iTunes Wi-Fi Sync on all of our devices. When ever I open iTunes, all of our devices show up in my iTunes including hers. If she switches to her user account with out logging out of mine first, her iPhone wont show up under her devices since it's already showing up under my iTunes. So she would have to log back into my user account, unmount her iPhone from my iTunes, log back into her account and then reload her iTunes.

Is there a way to prevent her iPhone from showing up under my iTunes device list? (sorry if all this is confusing)

2. TomTomTuning thread starter macrumors regular

3. seewor macrumors newbie

Not that I know of
    Just try to not connect at all

4. Sossity macrumors 6502a

I think there is or was a setting that one can check in itunes that says prevent itunes from automatically syncing devices when connected. There was another option of which one can chose to not have itunes launch automatically when a device is connected.

hope this is of any help.

Well, I asked about some things in/about itunes, & my replies were itunes is the only & best program, so any questions about it may not get constructive replies, many here think it is perfect & no one should ask any questions about it. This question just shows how itunes can be flawed or frustrating sometimes.

5. pinholestars macrumors member

pinholestars

Could she turn wifi off and on? That should unmount from iTunes without having to switch user accounts.