iTunes cannot find album artwork for my cds, genius won't work

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ataylor, Sep 10, 2008.

1. ataylor macrumors member

I recently purchased a 24" iMac. Rather than copy over all my music (from my old 17" iMac), I thought I would be more selective at first. I inserted the CD into the drive, and iTunes found the track names for me and asked if I wanted to import the album. Business as usual, right? But upon completion of the import, there is no artwork for the album. When I imported albums from CDs on my old iMac, iTunes would also upload the album artwork. When I select the tracks from the album and go to Advanced > Get Album Artwork, it says the artwork cannot be found -- regardless of what disc I try.

So I downloaded the newest version of iTunes yesterday, and the genius function wouldn't work with these albums/tracks either. Anyone know what's going on?

Thanks

ataylor

2. bertpalmer macrumors 6502

You have logged on to the iTunes Store haven't you? You need to give your credit card details etc. and become a member before you can download album art.

Make sure that the CD Artist and Album are the same as in in the iTunes Store as otherwise it won't download the album art.

3. ataylor thread starter macrumors member