iTunes cannot read disc

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Partifaction, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Partifaction macrumors newbie

2. bli625 macrumors 6502a

bli625

That's weird.. a CD shouldn't be in WMA format..

3. Partifaction thread starter macrumors newbie

I know, I was surprised as well. Is there any way that i could get it into iTunes?

4. TJRiver macrumors 6502

TJRiver

Nothing personal, but your choice of music kinda blows...

That having been said. Your initial post indicates that the music files were already on your computer. How? Typically when I put a CD I want in the drive, iTunes asks if I want to import it, I answer yes, and away it goes. I typically do not rip the CD and then drag and drop the music files into iTunes.

I know Squalid(Wal)mart had a music download site that sold you music files in protected WMA format. If your songs are in protected WMA format, you will not be able to import them into iTunes, no more than you can import protected AAC tracks into Windows Media Player, at least not without some unlawful hacks.

If your CD will not import into iTunes, I would return the CD to your point of sale and demand a new copy. Good luck!

5. Partifaction thread starter macrumors newbie

Everyone has their own liking and disliking.....

Well there was this screen that came up it had a save album option(provided in to attachment.) Is there anyway that I could get it into iTunes from there? Because when I try to drag it it just tells me that it cannot be converted.

Attached Files:

6. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Does this CD play in a regular CD player? It sounds like there's a data track (with WMA files) in addition to the regular music tracks. Max might be able to read it.

7. Partifaction thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, it works in CD player.
    I cannot use Max because I do not have a mac.
    Thanks for your help.

8. Partifaction thread starter macrumors newbie

9. johnadverd macrumors newbie

Hi dear friends,
    If it doesn't check out the Apple article: “Disk cannot be read from or written to” when syncing iPod or “Firmware update failure” error when updating or restoring iPod.
    Thanks

10. Partifaction thread starter macrumors newbie

11. Partifaction thread starter macrumors newbie

12. Guiyon macrumors 6502a

Try running EAC and see if that can rip off the audio tracks. I've run into a couple of pseudo-audio CDs in the past that worked fine in audio CD players but played merry hell with a PC CDROM. I thought that companies had given up on this audio CD DRM crap...

13. Partifaction thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks a lot, man. Your the only person that actually helped me. I was just wondering if I can do anything to make the files smaller? Only one song took up 40 MB.

14. Partifaction thread starter macrumors newbie

15. Guiyon macrumors 6502a

I don't remember the formats that EAC encodes to but I would bet it's probably dumping everything as WAV by default. Just drop the songs into iTunes, select them all, right click any one of the selected ones and click "Create AAC version" (may say MP3 instead depending on your encoding settings). After that you can just send the original versions to the bit-bucket in the sky.

16. Partifaction thread starter macrumors newbie