iTunes: cannot set artwork to multiple tracks from imported CD

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bensoussan, Oct 29, 2011.

1. bensoussan macrumors newbie

Hi,

I do not manage to set an artwork cover to multiple tracks imported from a CD, while it works when i do it one track at a time!

Here is the way I attempt to do it:
    - Importing cd
    - Downloading the appropriate art cover file from the internet
    - selecting all the tracks of the downloaded album within my iTunes library
    - left click, get info, confirm that i want to edit info for multiple items, info tab, click on 'artwork', browse my hd till i locate the art cover file I want to select
    - This is where it goes wrong: the file i want to select appears to be grayed out. iTunes does not allow me to select it.

It is strange, but iTunes allows me to apply the same procedure for single tracks, and then it works, but as you can imagine, this is a quite tedious process.

The same procedure for multiple tracks works also well for files downloaded ... ahem ... from the internet. I only have this issue when I try to set artwork cover on legitimate CD's from my own collection!

I am running iTunes 10.5 on Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2.

Any hint?

2. steve-p macrumors 68000

steve-p

The way I do it is to open the Info for the selected tracks, then find the picture I want to use in Firefox or Safari. Then I just drag the picture straight from the browser and drop it on the Artwork box in iTunes Info. No need to save the file locally first.

3. paulisme macrumors 6502

Here's the process I use for adding artwork to imported CDs, and it's always worked for me.

- Find the album's artwork on the web (usually from Amazon or Album Art Exchange).

- Right-click the artwork image in the browser, then click "Copy Image" or the equivalent option in your browser if you're not using Safari.

- In iTunes, select the songs, right-click and then click "Get Info."

- Click the box under "Artwork" on the Info tab so that it's highlighted, then press cmd-V (or ctrl-V if you're using iTunes for Windows). This will paste the artwork you copied from the browser into the box. You can also paste using Edit > Paste from the iTunes menu bar.

- Click OK.

If you're making your own custom artwork, steps 1 and 2 involve copying the image from your image editor rather than the browser. The rest is the same.