iTunes cannot sync apps

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ericmjl, Oct 14, 2011.

1. ericmjl macrumors member

Hey guys,

I've been getting the following error message:

iTunes cannot sync apps to the iPhone “Eric Ma’s iPhone” because the apps installed on the iPhone could not be determined.

Anybody knows what's going on? I have the latest OS and iTunes updates for both my Mac and my iPhone.

Cheers,
    Eric

2. darkgoob macrumors 6502

I've seen the same bug on Apple Discussions. Did you have a beta version of iTunes 5 before? Just wondering.

3. madaski macrumors newbie

Similar problem...

I'm getting an error that reads, "The app "####" was not installed on the iPhone "####" because the app could not be found.

I'm receiving this message for eight different apps. Not sure why :confused:

4. ICEBreaker macrumors 6502

I have the same issue. And it seems no one has any answers. Great...

5. spartanrob macrumors 6502

spartanrob

I'm getting this only when syncing wifi. if i connect phone to pc, no issues

----------

Found this on the apple discussion board and it resolved my issue:

i went to device manager (control panel - view by icons - device manager) then right clicked my pcs name and clicked "scan for hardware changes" i then restarted itunes and everything was working

6. spartanrob macrumors 6502

spartanrob

Resolved (via apple discussion board)
    i went to device manager (control panel - view by icons - device manager) then right clicked my pcs name and clicked "scan for hardware changes" i then restarted itunes and everything iss working

7. iKhaled macrumors newbie