itunes card

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by hangingkayaker, Apr 20, 2013.

1. hangingkayaker macrumors newbie

I bought my first ever itunes card today. I went through the process to activate it as outlined on the back of the card. When I go into itunes/apps and try to purchase something, and enter my code, I get a message that says the card has been redeemed. In the top corner of the app store where my name is, right beside it, it shows I have $25. Why doesn't this work?

2. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

You don't need to enter the code multiple times. If you have the credit of $25 you just press "buy" on the apps you want. It should reduce from your credit (that takes sometimes time to reflect the reduction). You might need to enter again your password for the Apple ID you redeemed the card for.

For safety reason you might want to set your credit card info to NONE.

3. hangingkayaker thread starter macrumors newbie

Every time I hit buy it goes back to my credit card information. When I click on redeem card, I get the message that the card has been redeemed. I'm pissed off, think I lost my $25.

4. ChristianJapan, Apr 20, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2013

ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

You need some payment information, even when you pay with iTunes card. But you can set it to NONE so actually you don't need to have a credit card. It just can't be empty. Do have something maintained there ?

As stupid as it sounds may be also try to logout from MAS and login again ...

If it tells you $25 it's not lost.

5. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

You didn't lose anything, the $25 is in your account, that is the number on the upper right. You don't need the card anymore. As mentioned earlier, you need to have something in your billing address, that is likely why it isn't working. If not, call 1800-my-apple and talk to a rep there.