iTunes cards from a department store

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by fjs08, Sep 11, 2009.

1. fjs08 macrumors 65816

Bought our son an iTunes card from a department store.
    $ 25. He installs the card or whatever you may call it, and it only has $ 23.71 on it. Department store doesn't want to hear it. ? is this. Can I purchase him these cards or $$$ on the iTunes web site and have the $ amount transferred directly to his iTunes account, that way I know we will get what we ordered.
    Thanks.
    Frank

2. Music_Producer macrumors 68000

Contact iTunes customer service - they're pretty good at handling such things. Give them the gift card # and the serial # (should be on the bottom of the card) They will verify the original amount and add it to your account accordingly.

You cannot transfer credits between iTunes accounts but you can buy iTunes codes from iTunes directly and send them as a gift to someone. There is a limit on the number or amount of codes you can buy.

3. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

YOu can also set him up with an allowance that posts to his account. I think you can pick how often - but the minimum is $10.

But do email iTunes support and let them verify the amount. I've never bought a card somewhere and had it be less than the face value.