iTunes Cards

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by guklein, Dec 22, 2008.

1. guklein macrumors 6502a

Hello!

I would like to buy an iTunes gift card. I found in ebay a $50 for a price of $29?

Is there any problem with it? How can sell it for a price almost 50% less the original price?

Best wishes!

2. Bosox3 macrumors regular

Bosox3

These are all over ebay. They could be either bought w/ a stolen CC...or maybe got it as a gift, so they just want the $$ for it. Selling it for less ensures somebody will buy it...and fast.
    Nobody really knows for sure but Im not going to complain. :D

3. iOrlando macrumors 68000

buy with paypal...all will be fine. if anything goes wrong you have insurance.

4. BayouBengal macrumors regular

Very possible it could be stolen credit card numbers. Also could be someone who was given a card and does not use iTunes and/or needs cash instead of music. Or like me, I can get iTunes credit through American Express Rewards and I guess I could sell the code that AMEX emails me for cash. I don't sell it, I like "free" music too much.

5. tsice19 macrumors 6502a

tsice19

Regardless, as long as you buy with PayPal you are insured. So if something goes wrong, contact the seller and PP.

6. BayouBengal macrumors regular

I take a look from time to time to see what I can find on Ebay but I'm never comfortable enough with any of the good deals to pull the trigger. Too often are they sellers with 0 or 1 feedback and have only been a member for a week or so. And what's with the Buy It Now sales where the price is greater than the face value of the gift card.

I see these $200 cards for $130-$140, if only I could find a $25 for $15 or something similar I might give it a shot.

7. guklein thread starter macrumors 6502a

The gift cards work fine when purchased from ebay (discounted prices). People say you can redeem the credits normaly!

But...I am afraid of they were bought with stolen credit card, per example, Apple could block the account and credits.

Is it possible?

8. JackMaurer macrumors member

JackMaurer

If they could it would be a very long process and you'd prob be bored of the songs by then..Like everyone else said just pay by paypal :)