ITunes causing complete freeze of OS

Discussion in 'macOS' started by nukztar, Mar 17, 2008.

1. nukztar macrumors member

Hi Mac'ers!

Ok, I bought my first mac (macbook pro) about 5 days ago after being a dedicated PC user for 14 years. I absolutely love it. BUT...

Ive managed to crash the thing 3 times requiring hard restart (holding power button down for 5 secs).. Every time this has occured, ive been using Itunes, an external HD (WD passport) and playing around with MP3's. The other application running at the time was media rage.. a cool little mp3 tagger.

Anyone experience anything similar.. i cant see anything in the logs and what surprises me is that nothing makes OS X get out of its crash.. not force quit not anything.. The pointer turns into that rainbow circle loading thing and i cant click on anything. Nothing happens! theres nothing i can do to get the thing out of its crash!!.. this is a little worrying. anyone able to shed any light on this?

Cheers boyz and gals!

2. Amdahl macrumors 65816

Since it is brand new, and you're new to Mac, have you run Software Update from the Apple menu?

3. TheStu macrumors 65816

I have you considered that it is media rage that is causing the crashes? Trying doing the same things that cause the crash, but without media rage running, and also, fully update teh OS.