itunes CD Import Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cramsbottom, Jun 2, 2008.

1. cramsbottom macrumors newbie

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone can help me with this. Everytime i try and import a CD into itunes i get the following message:

'Error occured....You do not have enough access privileges for this operation.
    iTunes could not save to your music folder because you do not have write access. Check the permissions....'

I'm getting this despite having full administration priviledges, and therefore read and write access to the folder in which itunes imports the music.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, cheers!

2. bartelby macrumors Core

3. cramsbottom thread starter macrumors newbie

What do you mean by 'repairing' the permissions? I've changed the read/write permissions on the specific folder, then changed them back again so that i definitely have write permissions on the itunes folder - and ive checked that my user account has full administration privileges.

Thanks

4. bartelby macrumors Core

Use Disk Utilities, select the HD from the list in the left pane. Then click Repair Permissions under the box in the right pane.

5. cramsbottom thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, i've tried that and still no luck - interestingly its only a particular CD that doesnt work. Ive just successfully imported another CD, but not the original one! It shouldnt be anything to do with DRM should it? Since its just a standard Audio CD from the music shop

6. MacHappytjg macrumors 65816

maybe they have a copywright or w.e like forbids u to doing so happened to me once so then i downloaded it :D
    PS: update your macbook to 10.5.3 lol