itunes cd import problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Clarence, May 20, 2007.

1. Clarence macrumors regular

When I try to import even a slightly scratched cd into itunes, it chokes on it. works fine with new or like new media. I have to force quit itunes to eject the disk. The cd's play fine on my NAD CDP, but the MBP's drive sound like its "skipping" and then freezes the import. Yes I have error correction on, I've tried it off too.

Searched threads back to 06 and didnt see anything on this.

Any ideas? Does this happen to you?

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Try Max or check "Use error correction when reading Audio CDs" in iTunes under Preferences -> Advanced -> Importing.

3. Blubbert macrumors 6502

I reccomend Max. I have just used it to re-rip my whole collection of CD-s into a losless format, and it couldnt have of been easier. The error correction helped a lot, especially considering i have several cd's with some scratches, and they got ripped just fine.

4. Clarence thread starter macrumors regular

I tried Max, but after the import I cant find the files in iTunes. It says it is sending them to my "music" folder, but they're not in there either.

The error correction doesn't seem much better than itunes.

Any other ideas?

5. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

The drives in the MBs and MBPs are a little more finicky about scratched media than the drives in the older machines. My advice would be: don't treat your CDs like crap. ;)

6. Clarence thread starter macrumors regular

yeah they're my old phish discs, so they've seen better days.

any ideas where the ripped max tracks are going, or where they should go?

7. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

I believe that's in Max's preferences somewhere... as I recall doesn't it create a directory structure based on tag info by default? My memory's a little hazy, it's been ages since I've ripped w/ Max.

8. Clarence thread starter macrumors regular

I belive so, but it dosent seem like it's adding the tracks to iTunes for some reason.

9. Blubbert macrumors 6502

They should be in your Music folder. Thats where Max stored all of my cd's i had ripped with it. You could use spotlight to try and find the missing files, just type in the name of the file or folder.

10. Clarence thread starter macrumors regular

i didnt run the "delete preferences" script, and I'm hoping that was the problem.

its grinding through "a live one" right now, we'll see where it ends up. I'm here to tell you, these discs are skip free on my NAD CDP.:(

11. Clarence thread starter macrumors regular

using max only the first 3 tracks are importing, even though they all rip. WTF.