iTunes, CD Recording Question

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Rhobes, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Rhobes macrumors 6502

Rhobes

Hello-

I recently recorded a CD of iTunes tracks. I made a playlist but when I burned it the songs were all rearranged in no apparent order. Is there a way to burn a playlist in the order that the playlist is made?

Second, my source says a 700MB CD-R will hold at least 600MB. While adding songs to the playlist & checking the status bar (after much frustration removing songs 1 by 1) I get to 500MB and stop, decide to burn it, pop-up says too many songs. Finally, I get it down to 17 songs at 132.5 MB it finally burned it. How to you know how many songs will fill a CD? Obviously the status MB is way, way off. How do you interpret the MB status, is there a formula you apply to the given MB to arive at the actual MB?

I've read all there is on CD burning from the Peachpit Learning Series: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, it has no answers to these questions. :confused:

2. svenn macrumors 6502

Check how the playlist is sorted. It should burn according to the order in the first numbered column. You could have been sorting it by a different column.

If you are burning an audio cd, you are limited to something like 20 minutes of music. If you burn as mp3 or something else, then you can fit a lot more.

3. Knoodles macrumors 6502

Knoodles

When burning audio files to a CD you don't go by the MB but by minutes. An average 700MB CD will hold approximately 80 minutes of CD audio. Mp3 audio disc is a different story.

4. svenn macrumors 6502

oops typo in above post, I meant 1 hour and 20 min

5. Rhobes thread starter macrumors 6502

Rhobes

I see how selecting the menue tabs eg. name, album, genre etc will reorder the songs. I selected the 1st colum, songs in numerical order but it burns in the order of Genre(although that is not selected).

When it is done burning, the new order appears and the status bar at the bottom says 800.9MB also. But, before burning it says 17 songs, 1.3hr, and 132.5MB

Too much to ask from Apple just to be able to burn in order of selection, I just don't get it, why so complex?

6. Knoodles macrumors 6502

Knoodles

Get info on the track. Check the tagging of the songs. 1 of 20, 2 of 20 etc.
    You may have to delete the tracks in the playlist and then re-add them after making changes.