Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dylan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 9, 2005
Has anyone found a way to trick itunes into thinking it imported an album so I can use the CDDB feature? I have lots of leftover ripped CD's from my windows days and a lot of the tags are messed up. It would be a real hassle to re-rip them.

dylan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 9, 2005
Tried that but it's unbearably slow. Oh well I guess it will have to do.

Some_Big_Spoon

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2003
New York, NY
You've probably tried fixing the ID3 tags, right? Otherwise it's something like FetchArt or the dozens of other ones that kinda, sorta, maybe work.

It would be nice if you could right-click the option native in itunes, but then that's why they want you to buy it from the store and not do it yourself :-(

dylan said:
Has anyone found a way to trick itunes into thinking it imported an album so I can use the CDDB feature? I have lots of leftover ripped CD's from my windows days and a lot of the tags are messed up. It would be a real hassle to re-rip them.

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
dylan said:

What do you mean trick iTunes? Is the "Advanced > Get CD Track Names" not what you're looking for?

Some_Big_Spoon

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2003
New York, NY
He's talking about existing tracks in itunes. Like some option to go fetch from CDDB for trakcs he imported a while ago w/ no CD present currently.

dejo said:
What do you mean trick iTunes? Is the "Advanced > Get CD Track Names" not what you're looking for?

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
Some_Big_Spoon said:
He's talking about existing tracks in itunes. Like some option to go fetch from CDDB for trakcs he imported a while ago w/ no CD present currently.

But you can use that option even without a CD inserted...

Edit:... and then you get the message below. (I'm an idiot).

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    25.4 KB · Views: 63

Some_Big_Spoon

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2003
New York, NY
LOL! I forgot to mention that you'd get the error message :) Don't feel bad, I did the same exact thing too a while back. Seems like it'd be an easy "fix" for Apple, no?

dejo said:
But you can use that option even without a CD inserted...

Edit:... and then you get the message below. (I'm an idiot).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.