Itunes charged me for an app that was "free"

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by sotie, Apr 16, 2011.

1. sotie macrumors 6502

Yesterday I downloaded an app that was "free". Today I received an itunes receipt for $1.00. I looked up on the app's activity history on appshopper.com and saw that the price dropped the same day from $1.99 to free.

I'm positive that when I downloaded it the price was "free" but somehow itunes charged me. The only thing I can think is maybe I downloaded right after the price changed to free and their database wasn't fully updated (but that doesn't really make sense).

Has anyone else ever heard of this before?

I already requested a refund and received a response denying my claim. The customer service rep didn't seem to understand because they said that they would not refund for an "accidental purchase". I responded back to clarify that it wasn't "accidental", it was "free" and I was inadvertently charged. I'm still hopeful that someone in customer service will reverse the charge. $1.99 isn't that big of a deal to me but I'm just really surprised that it happened.

2. gatech2 macrumors member

Same thing happen to me. It said free but still charged.

3. sotie thread starter macrumors 6502

The first customer service rep denied my refund but I complained and a second rep issued a refund to me today.