Itunes Clean Up Issues

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by PhantomPumpkin, Feb 14, 2011.

1. PhantomPumpkin macrumors member

Hi there,

I have a friend who's not the most computer literate, and I was trying to walk him through organizing his itunes. Now to preface, we can go ahead and do it from the folder, but we're looking at 140g-160g of music, organized by artist and album, through folders. That's a lot of folders to work through.

He wants to delete a bunch of his music. Already backed up to an external HD. He tried selecting and deleting, and selected the remove the item option from the HD, yet it's still there in the folders(just appears to have removed it from the playlist).

He's running the same itunes as myself, on a newer imac(3.06 ghz c2d, 10.1.2 itunes, 10.6.6 OS). I'm able to select my music, and drag it from itunes to wherever I want(which he was going to do to an external drive, wipe out the music, then just copy this back). However, he's unable to select any music to move this way(I remoted on to his machine with logmein, and had the same issues.)

Any advice?

2. rickyalan macrumors newbie

itunes does not delete the file when you try to delete the track. general way is to delete files by yourself after deleting those tracks, really a tough stuff. but you can try some app like iTunes Duplicates Cleaner, you can google it if you want

3. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Delete from iTunes.

Organizing with folders is so 90s.