iTunes Cloud Music Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Achiever, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Achiever macrumors 6502

Achiever

I had used iTunes Match for a couple of years but didn't renew it recently as I got no real use out of it. While my music library has been "uploaded" and "matched" into the cloud, I never changed any of the files on my iMac and kept the music files there canonical.

I recently tried loading up my iTunes music library on the iMac and when I click on the "My Music" tab, it prompts me to log into my "iCloud Music Library", and regardless of whether I do or not, I get a white iTunes screen with "iCloud Music Library" written in black and the spinning circle indicating something is "loading". But nothing ever does. It just spins and nothing happens.

I have checked the library in Finder and all files are there. I also went into preferences and have turned off anything I can related to iTunes Match (I have also tried cancelling the iCloud Music Library login when prompted). The only thing which has worked a bit is force quitting iTunes, then opening it into the My Music tab. It allows me a brief foray into the music library with a warning that my iCloud Music Library has expired and another prompt to log in. I can play music, but if I ever switch to a different tab or part of iTunes, I lose the ability and get the white window and loading spinner instead. Finally, I am also experiencing this on a new iMac from a Time Machine backup from the main machine, but I do not get the same issues from laptops which had shared the library. So I think it is machine specific but I cannot figure out what I can switch off here.

Any thoughts? Anyone else suffering from this?

2. Achiever thread starter macrumors 6502

Achiever

I think I may have solved the issue. Deauthorizing the computer seems to have done the trick and re-authorizing afterwards has allowed normal usage to continue. Fingers crossed, but for anyone else who stumbles across this issue, this may be something to try.