itunes & clutter - cd art!!

the_architect

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 8, 2005
Hi I have a problem, when I import most of my cd's onto my 60GB ipod the cd art is not displayed on 90% in the ipod window. I have found the cd album art using clutter which works in itunes on the mac but when it's in ipod it's not there?

HELP!

stridey

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2005
Massachusetts, Connecticut
the_architect said:
Hi I have a problem, when I import most of my cd's onto my 60GB ipod the cd art is not displayed on 90% in the ipod window. I have found the cd album art using clutter which works in itunes on the mac but when it's in ipod it's not there?

HELP!
You'll have to import the art into iTunes. You can do this directly from clutter with command-shift-K.

the_architect

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 8, 2005
Thanks but......

Hi yes I'm thick but I've not had my mac long! It just beeps when I press command shift K so again how do I exactly make sure that the album cover travels with my music to my ipod so I can see it as I choose my album? Am I the only one with this problem?

stridey

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2005
Massachusetts, Connecticut
the_architect said:
Hi yes I'm thick but I've not had my mac long! It just beeps when I press command shift K so again how do I exactly make sure that the album cover travels with my music to my ipod so I can see it as I choose my album? Am I the only one with this problem?
Ok, here's the deal. When you see the album art in Clutter, that album art is only associated with Clutter, and not with iTunes. In order for your iPod to have the album art, the art must be associated with iTunes. So, with Clutter as the front app (At the top of the screen, to the right of the apple, it should say "Clutter"), press Command-Shift-K. This will move the art for that album to iTunes, where it will travel to your iPod (once you sync your iPod with iTunes next).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.