iTunes configuration help please

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Charles S, May 3, 2007.

1. Charles S macrumors newbie

I'm trying to get the library to arrange music the way I want at work, but am having a LOT of frustration.

About 70% of what I have is video game music, so artist doesn't matter. It's all arranged (or was before iTunes) by Game. All I want is for it to show up by Album by Genre. I can sort by Album by artist, or Genre by artist, but never By Album by Genre. I also can't seem to drag the Album collumn to the front, where I want it (since the game/ablum is what I want it sorted by).

Is there anyway to get iTunes to sort my music this way, or am I forever stuck by having it all sorted by artist by whatever?

I appreciate any help on this.

2. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

I'm not 100% sure what you mean (long day, plus 30 minutes past my bed time :) ), but if I am correct in thinking that you want to sort the songs by album, then simply click the header for the row labeled "album". This should sort your entire library by album.

[​IMG]
    I apologize if I misinterpreted your question.

3. Charles S thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, but that's not exactly what I meant. I know how to sort by clicking the collumn headers. I want to sort by more than 1 category.

If I only sort by album, it mixes up video game music, rock, classical, etc, etc. I want ALL my music to list by album, but also by genre.