iTunes conflict

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Nitish.L, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Nitish.L macrumors newbie

Hey there, hope someone can help me out with something. I have i 13' Macbook, with a 150GB hardrive. I checked how much memory i had left in my hardrive today, as the Mac was running a bit slow, and apparently i only have 40GB ish left. So, there's me pondering where all this memory has gone, and the most apparent suspect for all this memory hugging would be my music. However, i vaguely remember i only had about 40GB of music in this Mac. However, went i when to check it said my music was up to 80GB... Because, itunes i eating up another 40GB for no reason, just to play my songs...! It's just a folder called iTunes library and contains all my songs, which i already have in another folder called my music, it's just a copy of all my songs eating up another 40GB ....

What do i so ?:confused:

Thanks
    Nitish

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

The best idea, is to keep the "Copy" checked in iTunes, then remove the original files, mainly because anything that iTunes downloads goes into the library folder.

Rather than importing next time, just point the library to your music folder, as that will usually prevent the duplication in the future.

TEG