iTunes Confusion

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Resist, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Resist macrumors 68030

For the life of me, I can't figure this out. We just bought 2 iPhones and have 2 computers, a mac and a PC, both have different iTunes accounts on them. I want to copy applications purchased on one of the computers/iPhone to the other computer/iPhone.

I authorized one and it downloaded all the songs from the one iPhone to the other computer. I didn't want to do this. I want to be able to pick what I want copied to the other computer.

Help!

2. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

You can choose which applications get copied to the iPhone on the Apps tab. Click on the iPhone when it is syncing, and you will see a series of tabs along the top of the library screen. There will be a list that will allow you to select what content gets synced.

3. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

Yes but if the iPhone being sync'd has an application I want on that computer, it won't transfer it from the iphone to that second computer (unlike with music).

What I ended up doing was to copy the apps from one computer via a use a USB thumbdrive, then transfer them to the other computer.