iTunes connect

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by applefanDrew, Mar 18, 2011.

1. applefanDrew macrumors 65816

Question for developers,

My Sales and trends says that I have had approximately 70 downloads of my app in the last month. However, the payments and financial reports indicates that I have only had 19 downloads. I don't understand the disparity. I was expecting about $50 and instead Im owed $12. Anybody else experience this kind of thing? Maybe I don't understand how the system works? This is my first month as a paid developer.

Thanks for any help or suggestions that could help me resolve this! :apple:

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

A single account can buy your application once and download it multiple times.

3. applefanDrew thread starter macrumors 65816

Yea. I didn't think about that. But 70 and 19 is a really huge disparity. I'm still not sure if I should chalk it up to that. If someone returns an app, is it invisible to the developer? Will it take one off the download count or would I never know?

4. seepel macrumors 6502

seepel

Are the earnings in from all of the different regions? It can take some time for them all to roll in.

5. applefanDrew thread starter macrumors 65816

Yea it shows us, Canada, Europe, and then ROW (rest of world)

6. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

I'm guilty of that on occasion since some of my devices don't get synced much. Most of my app purchases end up on four devices. The three iPhones and an iPad. Sometimes I will even buy an app from the Mac, but then download it wirelessly from the store to each device. (This could then lead to 5 downloads from a single purchase.).

applefanDrew: I see you've reset your goal down from 1,000,000 downloads to 10,000. Probably more realistic. ;)

B

7. applefanDrew thread starter macrumors 65816

lol yea. I was just so excited for my first app on the store when I wrote that. After the "wow!" went away, I was like, "Man, that ain't happening." At the current rate....100 maybe more realistic. lol

8. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

;)

You might also want to consider that your app isn't the first or only Tic-Tac-Toe game in the App Store either. Plus, I'm not sure that too many folks are super eager to buy a game they won't ever be able to beat. It's unbeatable, right? (Just a marketing comment).

Keep plugging away at it. Now that you know the mechanics, build another app and another etc...

B

9. applefanDrew thread starter macrumors 65816

Yea that's what I plan to do. Thing is, it's hard to come up with original apps now. With over 350,000 apps now, every time I think of something it's already on the store. And it's hard to come up with ideas too.

10. applefanDrew thread starter macrumors 65816

This. Thanks. It's starting to come up now. I'm just not patient enough.

11. DaveP macrumors 6502

DaveP

When I switched from an individual account to company the old individual account didn't get any more downloads, but I still got paid a surprisingly large amount for the next month or two. So it apparently does take some payments a while to work through the system. So particularly if you had a big weekend a couple days before the end of the monthly period. Though that certainly doesn't completely explain 70 downloads down to 19, but likely accounts some.