Itunes connection error -3221

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bessathome, Apr 12, 2008.

1. bessathome macrumors newbie

I am no longer able to connect to the Itunes store and get an error message of -3221 with a note to check my online connection. Any suggestions?

2. Nieval macrumors 6502

I've been having the same problem for 2 weeks now. I tried searching online for a solution but turned up empty handed. According to Apple support its a problem with my ISP but when i try the connection with a windows laptop it works fine.
    Its killing me because i havent been able to connect to the itunes store with my new imac and having to resort to windows for my podcasts is almost like a slap acroos the face - i made the switch and promised never to use windows again.
    Btw, i also bought a new ipod but cant register it cause of the same bloody problem.

3. computerhater macrumors newbie

fruststated

I had the same problem after upgrading itunes. I called and talked to tech support for two hours. They finally gave up and told me I had a bad ipod. I didn't listen to them and finally figured out the problem. I opened my aol security and disabled the firewall. I don't think it matters if you use aol or not, I think the aol fire wall stays on all the time unless you delete it. After I did that i opened itunes store like always. Hope this helps all the frustated iTunes users out there.

See ya