Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Appstore-Holidays.jpg
Apple has advised developers to make sure their apps are up to date by Thursday, December 22, as new apps and app updates will not be accepted between Friday, December 23 and Tuesday, December 27.

Apple says any planned app releases during this holiday period should be submitted, approved, and scheduled in advance. Other iTunes Connect and developer account features will remain available through the five-day period.

Article Link: iTunes Connect's 2016 Holiday Shutdown is December 23-27

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
Editorial question: when you say -
Friday, December 23 and Tuesday, December 27 (Pacific Time)

Do you mean 12:01 a.m. Friday, December 23 and 11:59 p.m. Tuesday, December 27 (Pacific Time)?

It seems off to say Pacific time with only dates in the sentence and no time actually mentioned. It has been a while since I took an english class, hence my question.

Joe Rossignol

Editor
Staff member
May 12, 2012
🇨🇦
Editorial question: when you say -

Do you mean 12:01 a.m. Friday, December 23 and 11:59 p.m. Tuesday, December 27 (Pacific Time)?

It seems off to say Pacific time with only dates in the sentence and no time actually mentioned. It has been a while since I took an english class, hence my question.
Apple does not give exact times: https://developer.apple.com/news/?id=11292016a

I would assume between Friday, December 23 at 12:01 a.m. and Tuesday, December 27 at 11:59 p.m. as you mentioned.

macduke

macrumors G4
Jun 27, 2007
Central U.S.
I used to look forward to this every year because of all the apps and games that went on sale. Now I just don't even care. Does anyone else here find that they hardly install any apps, much less buy any apps these days? I used to be an appoholic installing apps all the time. Maybe I just have less free time now, but I feel like I still keep up with things in the iOS and greater Apple community really well and there just aren't as many apps that blow me away any more and make me think "I must install this now!" I feel like I've got a really solid toolset of apps that cover my needs, so maybe that's also a part of it. I'm becoming an old man set in my ways. I pretty much only use iTunes gift cards for movies now.

Nick11Mac

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2011
California
There are so many Apps on the App store that nowadays I try to have only the ones I find most useful. So I don't find that I'm installing them as much anymore. Though I do replace apps I don't use any longer with ones I find more relevant to my needs.

Reactions: max2

smacrumon

macrumors 68030
Jan 15, 2016
Apple needs to fix up its rubbish search feature in the App Store and purge the store of dishonest apps that make claims that are false. Can't find the apps I want by name, rubbish results present instead. I can do better searches on PC DOS 5.0 back in the 1980s.

If Apple is about GREAT experiences, then this is a certain area for IMMEDIATE focus. Apple must be losing lots of app sales with such a buggy search feature, users can't find what they want.

[doublepost=1480458894][/doublepost]
Speaking of Apple and Holidays, where's the 12 Days of Christmas app? :(
What's the 12 days of Xmas app?

Reactions: max2

max2

macrumors 601
May 31, 2015
There are so many Apps on the App store that nowadays I try to have only the ones I find most useful. So I don't find that I'm installing them as much anymore. Though I do replace apps I don't use any longer with ones I find more relevant to my needs.

Same here.

Reactions: Nick11Mac
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.