iTunes Consolidation Problem (Please help!)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by carlosthedwarf, Apr 11, 2007.

1. carlosthedwarf macrumors newbie

I just got Vista on my computer. I've used this computer with iTunes and all before, worked great, and decided to update to Vista. This computer I got before Vista came out, about 6 months ago. I transferred all my music to it from Computer B to it, Computer A. (Sorry for the names, but I get confused easily.) So now I'm on Computer A, with Vista newly loaded, get on iTunes, and it says that all the music that I downloaded from my iPod with MediaMonkey (an iPod download program) isn't there anymore. This is the music from Computer B, uploaded a long time ago and worked well, until Vista. I can't find it, so I press "Consolidate Music...", so that it will put all my music in one place so I can get my head straight. Then I get the following error:
    "Copying music failed. You do not have enough access privileges for this operation."
    I am the only administrator and user on this computer! Why is this happening?
    Please help! I need my music back!

2. timerollson macrumors 65816

...because it's Vista.

Weren't there iTunes compatibility issues with Vista that haven't been resolved..I remember seeing a bulletin in my uni's computer lab. Maybe that's the problem.

3. polishmacuser macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

haha ya vista is not yet perfect with itunes
    V. Viruses

I. Intruders

S. Spyware

T. Trojans

A. Adware

vista says itself enjoy:D