iTunes constantly "Accessing iTunes Store"

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by 13brokenstrings, Mar 20, 2011.

1. 13brokenstrings macrumors newbie

Hi,

I've been having trouble with my iTunes for about a month now, and I've tried to find any problem similar to mine, but I can't seem to find any solution to it.

Everytime I minimise my iTunes and open it again, "Accessing iTunes Store" pops up.. That's not bad, really. Except for when it pops that message up every 3 seconds. I can hardly scroll down or click on a song because of how many times it keeps popping up. I've tried to "Stop" it from "Accessing iTunes Store" but it makes no difference. The message constantly pops up, ALL. THE. TIME.

I've tried re-installing iTunes several times and it hasn't helped.

I have a MacBook Pro. I've kept up to date with the software updates and everything. Am I missing something?

Pleeeeeease help!!

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Got any iTunes add-ons installed, or programs that interface with iTunes (such as CoverSutra, a program that fetches album art)? If you do, check their settings.

3. 13brokenstrings thread starter macrumors newbie

4. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

I have the exact same problem! It started with the last version of iTunes and makes it almost completely useless. I can't change songs because it takes too long. I can't search because this pops up between EVERY CHARACTER you type. It's horrible.

:(

I've tried everything short of reinstalling iTunes (which I might do). It is only on my Work MBP, my home MBP is fine, my kids PC's with iTunes are fine. So I don't know. I have never run any addons for iTunes and never done anything in the settings beyond pointing it to my library. So no idea.

5. GGJstudios, Mar 21, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2011

GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

iTunes always "Accessing iTunes Store"
    iTunes: Troubleshooting iTunes Store on your computer, iPhone, iPad, or iPod
    One possible solution is offered in this thread: Topic : Accessing itunes store message?!!

6. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

Dude, you're awesome in this thread too! Fixed my problem, that did!

7. 13brokenstrings thread starter macrumors newbie

That worked perfectly!!! Thank you SO much!!! :)

8. Rear Window macrumors newbie

Rear Window

9. cheesynz macrumors newbie

cheesynz

Amazing

Been trying to sort this problem for AGES - this solved it! Stunning!

10. soanl.a macrumors newbie