iTunes Constantly Crashing

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by PandaOnslaught, Aug 17, 2010.

1. PandaOnslaught macrumors regular

PandaOnslaught

I recently downgraded from 10.6.4 to 10.6.3 and ever since itunes started to crash and certain times. First it started to crash when i opened it up, so i deleted the library file from my hard drive.(this used to work on windows) after i deleted the file itunes would open up. but now itunes isn't making a new library(wont add songs) and it crashes whenever i open up preferences, i just (as im typing this) uninstalled itunes and dl'ed it again. im only asking now because i feel that this isn't going to fix my problem. similar to installing iWork after using a demo to get it to work properly(i think i have to delete some archive files). i am hesitant to do this without finding out all possible solutions because i do not want to delete a wrong file that messes me up more than i already am.

Thanks in advance!:)

2. halledise macrumors 65816

Hamilton Island, Whitsundays, QLD Australia
    why'd you 'downgrade' from 10.6.4 to 10.6.3? :confused:
    to run software update to go up again may just fix your issues.

if that don't work, delete everything related to iTunes (except your iTunes Media folder) and download iTunes again and reinstall.
    same with iWork and you should be sweet again.