iTunes CONSTANTLY duplicating movies

xWhiplash

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 21, 2009
Is there some setting somewhere that I am missing? This has happened on 5 different computers. If I download a movie, sometimes next week I will see two in my iTunes Library. One for the download, and one for the cloud streaming one. But it does not do this for all movies.

xWhiplash

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 21, 2009
I have seen this too. If you sign out of your iTunes account and sign back in the duplicates should go away.

A.
Is this something I need to do every day? I keep getting this issue. And now TV shows are doing it too.

sukidabe

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2011
Is this something I need to do every day? I keep getting this issue. And now TV shows are doing it too.
Like you I thought the duplicate was a cloud based copy. Snooping around iTunes, I found they are indicators of iTunes Extras available after the movie was downloaded. To confirm, right click on it, then more info, then file. Filename was iTunes Extras on the 2 movies I had. The date tab shows it was made available after I downloaded it. Click done to get out.

Right click again to download or delete. I didn't download, so I don't know if it stays or merges with the original. If deleting, it doesn't actually delete it, but hide it from the library. So far the downloaded movie stays.

Another way is iTunes>View "check" only downloaded movies. It toggles with All movies.

Either one seams better than signing out and back in to iTunes.

If i'm wrong on any of this, I expect to be corrected.