Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MaxxTraxx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 2, 2008
Anyone else having this problem on Lion?

iTunes will freeze up for a little bit when playing songs and when just doing just about anything with the application. Really annoying.

iTunes 10.4

philnic

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2011
Same problem

Yes, I'm having the same problem since installing Lion. If anyone has a solution it would be greatly appreciated.

Mr X

macrumors regular
Jan 19, 2008
London, UK
Same here since lion, pauses and restarts song at random sometimes 4 or 5 times (beach balls) then fine for an hour etc... and only happened since Lion. Also couple of songs and vids that won't seem to sync with my iPad as get the message cannot read/write disk. :mad:

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
I've been having a similar issue. Except that my iTunes wasn't playing anything. it just froze and the only way to get out of it was a force quit. And now it won't restart. It just locks up with a beach ball. which is super awesome cause I can't sync my iphone or my ipad and haven't been able to for two days while I try trashing the prefs, trashing the library file and so on trying to get it to work again

KyleGP

macrumors member
May 3, 2011
Same issue here.
I can't barely do anything with iTunes, it just beach balls all over the place.

Snow leopard anyone?

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
I was about to say if iTunes is freezing, you must be using Windows but that's not the case. Not sure why this is. Try reinstalling.

below sea level

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2009
I am, on a 2009 Mac Mini. iTunes is running but not playing anything and it will freeze the machine to the point where I have to force power off to recover.

I've been experimenting with everything that I have on there and have determined it's definitely the combination of Lion and iTunes.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
I was about to say if iTunes is freezing, you must be using Windows but that's not the case. Not sure why this is. Try reinstalling.

went into user library and erased all prefs, saved state etc. erased my iTunes library files, reinstalled iTunes,

it worked for a day to download perhaps 20 songs. but froze on playing them. now freezes on just trying to get to the store, importing even one music track etc. Going back and erasing everything gets iTunes open with a blank library, but trying to do anything freezes it up. just changing from music to movies (which are blank) freezes it up.

updating itunes had no effect. restarting computer had no effect. repairing permissions no effect.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.