Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amnichols10

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 19, 2008
When I go to load media content on Apple TV (tv shows and movies) it takes a really long time to load and start playing. I even have the settings on "standard definition". I don't have these problems at all with when watching netflix, hulu, or HBONOW. Has anyone else experienced this and is there a fix for it.

Currently using the new Apple TV with the latest tvOS 9.0.1.

Snoopy4

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2014
When I go to load media content on Apple TV (tv shows and movies) it takes a really long time to load and start playing. I even have the settings on "standard definition". I don't have these problems at all with when watching netflix, hulu, or HBONOW. Has anyone else experienced this and is there a fix for it.

Currently using the new Apple TV with the latest tvOS 9.0.1.

Similar issue. Large number of files and not a lot of storage space on the device.

KennethS

macrumors 6502
Jan 4, 2011
UK
I have a relatively stable but slow Internet connection (5-6Mbps download, 1Mbps upload). That is the fastest I am able to get at the moment where I live. I have the 64GB ATV4, and wish there was a way to use some of that storage so I could pre-download a movie from iTunes and temporarily keep it on the device to watch without having to stream it. It would vastly improve my user experience.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.