iTunes Continuous TV Episode Playback

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by FrakkinShip, Dec 27, 2014.

1. FrakkinShip macrumors member

I recently ran into some trouble. I'm watching a TV show I bought through iTunes and I noticed that iTunes won't continue on to the next episode after one ends. I poked through the settings, did a quick Google search, and found nothing to solve the issue. Am I missing something? I am in love with Apple TV and I want to make sure I get the most out of it.

Thanks!

2. Boyd01 macrumors 68040

Boyd01

How about creating a playlist in iTunes and dragging all the shows you want to it (in order)? You should be able to access that on the AppleTV (although I seem to recall you must enable a menu item to show playlists somewhere in the settings).

I am assuming that the show is stored on your computer however. Not sure if you can do this if the show is in the cloud… my internet connection is too slow for that. :)

3. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

Create a smart playlist and it will populate itself. Then if you play from that playlist it will continuously play one episode after the other.

All of my TV shows are setup like this. I create a playlist folder for the show, then inside that folder I create a smart playlist for each season.

4. FrakkinShip thread starter macrumors member

It appears that this doesn't work with streaming. The episodes must be on my SSD. That's not happening, haha.

5. JackieInCo macrumors 601

Correct, you have to have them downloaded onto the computer.

6. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Playlist or smart playlist, then you have to stream them from an iTunes library. I've got basically every TV show of which I own more than one episode using a smart playlist and then I have them divided into six folders with four letters each (A-D, E-H, J-M, N-Q, R-U, V-Z). I get them organized into earliest to latest.

I also have a few other playlists for movie genres or series or certain TV shows, like Christmas episodes.