iTunes "Convert to 128 kBps" wont play on iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Creative Clix, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Creative Clix macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

My first thread!

I have a problem with my itunes/iphone which I cant seem to fathom.....

Like a muppet, when I was a newbie to iTunes, I loaded all my cd's into my new iMac and it converted them to the highest possible quality for me, which a t the time sounded like a good idea, that was until I realised my 32GB 3GS iPhone was full in no time at all and not all of my CD's would fit.... =[

I was pleased to notice the other day iTunes now includes a "Convert higher bitrate songs to 128 kbps AAC" option. Yay, a solution to my stupidity! I ticked the box last night and the iTunes informed me that all those songs were now being converted and that there would be lots of space left on my iPod. I left it overnight as the 2-3000 or so tracks were converted, left my iPhone docked and took it off this morning. However, having tried to access/play a few tracks on my iPhone today, I found that 90% of my music now has no cover artwork and all the tracks are now greyed out and therefor not accessible! They are all seem to be present on the individual album track listings, along with their duration as usual but just not selectable to play. Grrrrrr.....!

They are fine on iTunes on my iMac, no problems - just my iPhone.

Any help would be much appreciated..... =]

Anyone.........?

2. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma